Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I love spring cleaning I think it purges the drudgery of the winter and cleans the soul and the spirit. I am in the the mood to clean and have been preparing for my annual pierce cleaningapalooza the kids groan when they hear that word of course its my own made up word but oh how it has such meaning to those that live in my house!

My all time favorite website is organized home I have visited this site for years with their printable planner pages and forms. If there is one thing you should know about me me more than anything, is that I am a Virgo and a true Virgo at that!

Virgo Traits
Modest and shy

Meticulous and reliable
Practical and diligent

Intelligent and analytical

On the dark side....
Fussy and a worrier
Overcritical and harsh

Perfectionist and conservative


Well thats ME in a nutshell! I like things to be neat and clean and tidy and everything has a place, but after a long winter things get put here and put there and well by spring I'm going nuts and it all has to be sorted!

Having a home, working and raising children is a lot to undertake for someone that is as fussy as I am. But, I do make it work even though I must admit sometimes it drives me absolutely bonkers!
I think the first thing is that everyone must clean up after themselves even down to the smallest child.
There is always something that needs to be put in its place. The next thing is to make sure that everyone does their fair share. I hear all the time it's not mine or I didn't do it. Well that doesn't work at my house and my kids, even though they try it, know it doesn't mean a thing to me when I am telling them to pick something up or put something away. It's very hard when most families are spoiled and they rely so much on the mom. So, Spring time is a renewal a rebirth and from the seasonal changes to the bulbs popping from their wintry sleep for another cycle so does the cleaning.

Another great website I have found is the 21 tips on keeping a simple home. Its got great ideas to use and keep as well.

Another favorite thing for me and my family in the spring is shopping. I'm a sucker for new towels, curtains and rugs. I love getting new fresh linens that brighten up the bedrooms and make you feel that you are blooming. Of course, by now the kids have out grown most of the clothes I bought for the first of the school year, so its usually time to replenish shorts and summer wear. My boys love Vans shoes its the only shoe that ALL of the males in my house will wear. It could be because they are all flat footed and they are comfortable but I get so frustrated when they won't wear a different brand. My favorite thing right now is keeping my eye on a few places I know will have great clearance sales, such as Goodys, Kohls and some other local places like The Gap and Old Navy My daughter is nine and she does love to shop. She is as frantic about shoes as she is clothes and thank heavens she likes payless shoes and Adidas. I can't leave out the fact that its time to get the pets ready for summer as well.

Flea Away - Dog Food Additive Recipe


  • 1/4 Cup Cottage Cheese
  • Vitamin E 1001 IU
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tbsp Bacon Grease

.Mix all the ingredients and add to food daily.


Flea control and frequent bathes for the dachshunds. And new toys too, smoochie has torn up all the doxies beds and they need new toys for all their outdoor playtime. And, its that time of year that I would worry, but I started them all on a new heart worm prevention that handles all worms as well including tapeworms. Now when they are outdoors eating dirt I don't panic! Our aquarium needs a full overhaul and new plants and hiding places for the fish. We have a bunny too, and of course he's eaten through his edible house and needs a new one and some new chew toys for a change of pace.

Another great thing about Spring is the rain! We sure do need it here in Georgia! The rain has been coming down all day today, and I am very thankful for that! The ground needs it and so do the lakes and rivers. I know the fish and birds and all animals are thankful for the water. It was sad to see the areas around where livestock had full ponds and then see them with just barely any water this past summer. I know I didn't get to really water my trees, shrubs and grass often once they set the restrictions. I do hope that it continues to rain so that we see a positive ending to the drought.

No comments: