Monday, February 20, 2012

Soggy, Soppy Sunday

I don't get on the computer on Sundays.  I feel that one day a week can be devoted to family and church and away from technology.  We had such a lovely sermon at church that I had tears in my eyes with the beauty of it, and I found out I wasn't the only one.  It feels good to know that our hearts aren't as cold as they feel sometimes and the words from our pastor can really touch us!  Sunday was the youth fundraiser for camp.  We had a "lunch-in" and it was a real success.  I didn't bring home one bite of manicotti, so that went over well.  The tiramisu was a big hit and so was my antipasto salad.  There was so much good food I was stuffed when we got home.  I was worried all day about one of our chickens.  She is handicapped, her legs are spradled and the lady just gave her to us.  I wasn't thrilled getting this chicken when my husband brought her home, but of course, I got attached and she is such a sweet girl.  She's not very apt at getting out of the rain, she can move around using her wings but she's not very mobile.  She CAN get into her little house on the ground if she really wants to, but most often will sit there and get soaking wet until we put her into the house ourselves.  We were at church and it started to rain and I couldn't stop worrying whether she got in or not.  I was thankful when we got home and saw she was in her little house. Speaking of chickens, I ordered my baby chicks today.  Like a dummy I knew what I wanted and saw the date they are available, today, and went to order them.  Well, I didn't know I should of ordered them before to get them for today.  So, now I am on order for March 5, 2012 to get my chickens.  Live and learn I suppose.  I lost out of some of the chickens I wanted because of my mess up! I'm still very excited and can't wait for them to get here.

I had all these grand plans for Sunday.  I am building a flower bed on the side of the house, and want to use the down trees in the woods to make it rustic and fit the look I want.  But, it was raining all day long so there was no chance of dragging my husband out in the rain to cut the logs with the chainsaw and since I'm getting over a cold, I wasn't going to be out in the rain either.  We all just hunkered down and watched Doomsday preppers and Swap people on television.  It is so hard for me to sit and do nothing but I did enjoy a nice family day together.  I love that Doomsday preppers it really makes you think about what you need to do in case of an emergency.  I've got all sorts of things dancing in my head that I want to prep!  I wanted to rake out the hay in the chicken pen and take it up to the garden for the boys to till into the soil for spring planting.  But, again the rain really did change all my plans.  We did get the top half of the garden tilled and the potato seeds, onion sets and some other seeds in the ground on Saturday.  Now I have that off my to do list.  I hope they grow well, we have never grown potatoes before.  I have all my seeds for the indoors planted and some are sprouting.  I get so excited when I see that first little bit of growth burst forth from the soil.  I'm in Spring mode so heavily, I just want to plant, plant, plant!

3 comments:

Modern Day Redneck said...

I had about the same weekend as you, wet and nasty. The sun broke out yesterday afternoon and I could not sit still anymore. I grabbed the wife and out to the gardens we went. The raised beds make it where the soil is wet but not muddy and we got all our planting done. Dirty hands, wet knees and soggy shoes, but it was much better than just looking out the window.

Family Best said...

Happy planting! I am so happy we got some of our garden done Saturday before the rain set in Sunday. Today is cold but sunny, so now I can start those rustic beds I want to get put together.

yanmaneee said...

yeezy
yeezy shoes
goyard
goyard tote
yeezy
supreme
yeezy shoes
balenciaga
adidas yeezy
supreme clothing