Monday, October 12, 2009

It's that time of year!



The excitement is growing in my house with the arrival of the fall season. This is the time of year that we really flourish. The Apple Festival is happening and we will be attending next weekend. This brings in loads of tasty apples that the kids and I can make all sorts of yummy things from together. Apple sauce, Apple dumplings, and Apple pies for the Thanksgiving holiday. It is pumpkin time as well and we will set about choosing our pumpkins for our family carving contest and I will make and freeze loads of pumpkin for breads, muffins and pies. The house just hums with excitement as we finish out the year with all of our weekends full and exciting. It is my time of year to clean too, I get so motivated cleaning the house from top to bottom getting rid of things we don't use or want and giving them to others that can use them. Starting out the holiday season with a bright, shiny clean house that have plenty of room for decorations for each upcoming holiday. I am very excited that the fall energy is happening in my house!

This is a great time to learn a little history of Halloween. There are great links on my web page to help celebrate the holiday with your family. For my family, we will be wishing every other family a great season full of fun, love, happiness and everything others wish for!

No comments: